Your digestive health is essential to ensure proper absorption of nutrients and to support the function of other body systems, such as the immune system.
The health of your gastrointestinal system, particularly your gut microbiota, impacts mental health through its connection with the central nervous system, often referred to as the gut-brain axis.
You know all this and just want to know the deal!!?? Got ya!
Your gut health can be negatively impacted by several mechanisms, such as gut microbiota imbalance (ie.dysbiosis) and inflammation, leading to increased intestinal permeability.
Increased intestinal permeability, otherwise known as “Leaky Gut Syndrome”, occurs when the tight junctions between cells of the intestinal lining are altered, enabling potentially harmful substances to pass through the intestinal wall.
Various health conditions may be associated with leaky gut, including depression, anxiety, celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis (MS) and other auto-immune disease.
Addressing inflammatory load is the place to begin.
1. Start Here: Remove…
- Gluten, a protein found in certain grains (ie. wheat, barley, rye)
- Food additives (ie. salt, emulsifiers, solvents)
- Refined starches and sugar
- Saturated and trans-fatty acids (ie. vegetable shortening, margarine, certain
- baked goods, fried foods)
- Food sensitivities.
2. Then: Add…
- High-fiber foods (ie. vegetables, fruit, nuts)
- Omega-3 fatty acids, found in oily fish (ie. salmon, mackerel, herring, trout)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Anti-inflammatory herbs and spices (ie. turmeric, rosemary, garlic)
3. Follow with Re-establishing a Healthier Gut Community….
with fermented food, prebiotic fibers from whole grains, bananas, greens, onions, garlic, soybeans and artichokes (if tolerated) & probiotic supplements if needed:
- Cultured dairy (ie. yogurt, kefir, sour cream)
- Fermented vegetables (ie. sauerkraut, kimchi, unpasteurized pickles)
- Fermented soy products (ie. miso, tempeh, natto)
- Fermented beverages (ie. kombucha, kvass, water kefir)
Recall, all probiotics are not created equally!
In your last email I mentioned the 3 probiotic classes and reviewed the importance of finding companies that follow quality assurance practices, free from label claims and potentially harmful organisms.
I have this protocol all set up for you in a layered fashion.
Gain an hour of good sleep this weekend, PLUS increase your healthy bacteria/promote a healthy immune response in your gut, fight harmful bugs, recover from imbalances, reduce gut inflammation/leaky gut.
And save 15.00 while you do so!
Check out the PROTOCOL BUNDLE right here. The page will ask for your email and your protocol will pop up!
I’m so giddy about how great this protocol is, that I’m offering 15.00 back if you purchase before midnight Saturday! Simply email me your venmo name and info after purchase, so I can give you your credit!