What is FDN?
FDN is an emerging field and body of work that bridges the gap between clinical nutrition and functional medicine. It is a type of detective work that seeks to identify and correct the underlying causes and conditions that lead to health complaints. FDN is not diagnosing or treating any disease or practicing medicine.
FDN builds health from the ground up.
How Does It Work?
Along with a health screening, functional lab testing is performed to identify malfunctions at the subclinical level within the hormone, immune, digestion, detoxification and intestinal barrier systems. Drugless protocols, lifestyle education and continuous course correction supports the body until it is healed and normal healthy function is returned.
FDN helps identify malfunction at the subclinical level.
What Kinds of Programs Are Offered?
All programs include coaching sessions and e-mail support, functional lab assessments, interpretation of lab results and personal health history, and the D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success™ Protocol which includes diet, rest, exercise, stress reduction and supplements.
Foundational 90 Day FDN Program
Assesses adrenal function, steroidal hormone balance, oxidative stress, digestion and detoxification.
6 Month Enhanced FDN Program
Assesses adrenal function, steroidal hormone balance, oxidative stress, digestion, detoxification, intestinal function and the immune systems response to combined dietary proteins (wheat, corn, soy, cow’s milk and egg), aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, and Candida yeast.
12 Month All Inclusive FDN Program
Assesses adrenal function, steroidal hormone balance, oxidative stress, digestion, detoxification, intestinal function and the immune systems response to combined dietary proteins (wheat, corn, soy, cow’s milk and egg), aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, and Candida yeast plus includes a comprehensive analysis of intestinal microflora fro the presence of ova and parasites, bacteria, occult blood, yeasts and fungi.
How Is FDN Different?
FDN is distinguished from other allopathic models in that it doesn’t believe in only looking to fix symptoms and health complaints. FDN goes one step further to seek the deepest level of underlying cause and malfunction in order to restore intended function. Additionally, clients are more compliant and achieve better results when they are educated on function and healing, instead of just being treated for their symptoms.
FDN seeks clues about existence and location of malfunctions and hidden stressors before they actually cause disease, but helps educate clients so they can be in charge of their health.
What Can FDN Be Used For?
Any current stress, chronic stress or history of chronic stress, diagnosis or health issues such as digestive complaints, weight gain, blood sugar problems, need for stimulants, insomnia, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, low libido, memory, focus and concentration problems and more.
Think of symptoms as comparable to the engine light on the car dashboard indicating the need for some diagnostic work (FDN investigative work).
Why Might You Need It?
By identifying the impact and sources of hidden and or chronic stress, test results can help with hormone balancing, immune malfunction, gut problems, detoxification issues, parasite detection and other functional ailments seen so commonly in today’s population.
Virtually all symptoms and diseases have their root in maladaptation to stress.
Program Upgrades & Re-Tests
Each kit includes a 30 minute consultation by phone or in person.
Add To Your Package or Re-Test:
- Test Kit #205 Adrenal Stress Profile
- The Adrenal Stress Profile is saliva test that assesses adrenal function and genetic potential. It evaluates steroidal hormone balance and viability of steroidal hormone pathways.*Abnormal adrenal rhythm can negatively influence energy production; immune system health; muscle and joint function; sleep quality; liver, pancreas and thyroid function.
- Test Kit #101 Metabolic Assessment Profile
- The Metabolic Assessment is a urine test that measures how well you are digesting and absorbing protein, the level of oxidative stress in the body, and the liver’s detoxification function.
- Test Kit #304 Mucosal Barrier Test
- The Mucosal Barrier Test is a saliva test that measures the degree of intestinal permeability or “leaky gut”, your immune system response to combined dietary proteins (wheat, corn, soy, cow’s milk, and egg), aerobic bacteria, anaerobic bacteria, and Candida yeast.
- Test Kit #401H GI Pathogen Screen with H.Pylori
- A stool test for a comprehensive analysis of the intestinal microflora. The test detects the presence of ova and parasites, bacteria, funghi (including yeasts), and occult blood.
- Mediator Release Test (MRT) for Food Sensitivity
- A highly accurate food sensitivity test that measures mediators released from white blood cells. The blood test covers over 150 foods and food chemicals